Apricot-pistachio-lemon cake

I am so motivated to bake after looking at the pictures of apricot-pistachio-lemon cake baked by the other bakers. They are so beautiful and...

I am so motivated to bake after looking at the pictures of apricot-pistachio-lemon cake baked by the other bakers. They are so beautiful and the cake looks so great. I don't have the book, so I can't join The Home Bakers.I had a long day at work yesterday but it def did not extinguish my excitement to bake. Oh and right now, I think Singapore is running a shortage of lemons?! Sounds insane but apparently there were no stock for lemons at all 4 ntuc branches, shopnsave and random fruit stalls in the neighbourhood. I got mine at the market. Many thanks to Cynthia for helping to get my lemons!! My cake wouldn't be awesome without you.



It was 2am in the morning and I was too tired to take a proper picture. Check out the original recipe from yummy bakes .
I baked half the recipe. This is my edited version:
Ingredients
115g unsalted butter at room temperature
175g sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
100g cup plain yogurt
180g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt (omitted since I used salted pistachios and salted butter)
90g chopped dried apricots
40g unsalted pistachios (roughly chopped)

1. Soak the chopped apricots in hot water to soften it and retain its moisture for 30 mine ant drain them.
2. Sieve the flour.
3.Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice and yoghurt.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the sieved flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to blend. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing just until blended. Stir in the apricots and nuts. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 50-50 mins or until the cake is golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let the cake cool in the pan 15 minutes, then unmold right side up on a wire rack and let cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.

After reading the tips provided by fellow bakers, I refrigerate the cake before cutting. There are still pieces of apricots dropping here and there. But I believe it's less crumbly compared to cutting straight away. I am going to soak the apricots in rum the next time I bake this!! It should be v delicious!! ^^



 

You Might Also Like

0 comments