Cheddar Cheese Loaf

  My cheddar Cheese loaf. This dough is pretty hard to work with. I dont have a kitchen aid. So i hand knead all my bread. I took probably m...

 

My cheddar Cheese loaf. This dough is pretty hard to work with. I dont have a kitchen aid. So i hand knead all my bread. I took probably more than an hour to knead this dough. I should have drizzled more melted cheddar Cheese on the top. It will look so beautiful.

Ingredients:

125g bread flour
3g flour improver
4g yeast
2.5g salt ( Go easy on salt because cheddar cheese cubes are salty too)
90g water

40g Walnuts ( I didnt add as i do not have)
1/2 Handful of Cheddar Cheese

beaten egg ( for brushing)
Grated Cheese n Melted Cheese

1. Combine the flour, flour improver yeast, salt and water. Knead to smooth and elastic. Put in a lightly oiled tray and ferment for about 45 mins

2. Take out fermented dough. Divide into teo equal portions. 225g each

3. Wrap loaf around the walnts and cheddar cheese cubes. Knead and punch to Oval shape. Put in a lightly oiled 6 inch mould. Proof until doubled ( 45mins-1hr)

4. Gently brush with egg glaze. Sprinkle with Grated Cheese. Place in a preheated 200 degrees celcius oven. Bake for about 20 mins. Remove from the oven.

*Wait for it to cool then cut. If not it"ll turn out like mine. kind of squashed*

Image

You Might Also Like

0 comments