Custard bread

I've been making custard bread twice and i still haven perfect it. Nevertheless, both failed attempts enabled me to learn more about bak...

I've been making custard bread twice and i still haven perfect it. Nevertheless, both failed attempts enabled me to learn more about baking bread! So it's not too bad after all. Got this recipe from small small baker .
1st attempt:

20120420-162558.jpg
This was my first attempt baking custard bread. My bread was overflowing! Indeed my baking tin was too small for the dough. I bought my tin from daiso and so far, I guess daiso only has that standard small size rectangle tin. I was trying to squeeze all the dough into that rly small tin. It was alr 80% full before proofing. By the end of 2nd proofing, the dough rose a lot higher than the tin. The bread turned out to be rly soft. I rly like the softness. However, it's too compact. So, I figured that the problem lies with the size of my baking tin.
Okay now 2nd attempt.
I told myself I gotta make this right time round. Bought a bigger aluminium foiled tin from the supermarket. This time round, i hand kneaded my dough diligently for about an hour. Checked and passed both tests, I set it to ferment it in the microwave for two hours. Meanwhile, I headed to the gym n did my usual workout. I was rly excited about my custard bread that I cut short my usual routine. To my extreme horror and disappointment, the dough DID NOT rise and double in volume at all. Only then, I realised that I missed out the most important ingredient of all. The yeast. Imagine my feelings then. So much hopes and anticipation about my painfully kneaded bread and it turned out that... I couldn't bear to throw away the dough. It wasn't about the cost but the time and effort taken to knead the f-dough. I googled ways to salvage the dough. One of the ways I tried was to add 1tablespoon of instant yeast and a small amount of warm water and knead the dough again until smooth. I left it to proof for another 80 mins. It did rise. Just not as much. Oh well, btr than nothing right. So I went ahead to bake. Yes, it was still too compact. We all know where the problem lies. I guess the yeast wasn't incorporated well enough into the dough.

20120420-165735.jpg

20120420-170140.jpg

I m definitely gna try this again for the third time! Wish me luck!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments