Orange almond cupcakes

Spent my morng making some breakfast for the family and baking these cupcakes. Got my recipe from small small baker ! I baked about 7 big ...

Spent my morng making some breakfast for the family and baking these cupcakes.
Got my recipe from small small baker!
I baked about 7 big cupcakes with half of the recipe. Although I used the entire orange zest and juice, I still feel that the orange flavour cld be stronger. I guess the addition of vanilla essence wld be good too.



(My edited version)
Ingredients
(A)
2 eggs
1 eggs yolk
87.5g sugar
(B)
95g cake flour
25g ground almonds
3/4 tsp baking powder
(C)
40g orange juice
1 orange zest, grated
200g butter, melted
1tbsp vanilla essence
(Garnish)
Flaked almonds

Method
1. Whip (A) until sugar dissolves and it turns thick. (Note: overwhipping (A) will cause the cake to collapse).
2. Fold in (B) and mix until well blended.
3. Stir in (C) and mix until well incorporated.
4. Spoon it into cupcake cases and sprinkle some flaked almonds on top.
5. Bake at 190C for 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
P

You Might Also Like

0 comments