Cranberries Buttermilk Scones

I just baked these scones before dinner time and they were part of my dinner. This recipe is amazing. I got this recipe from BBC books. It...

Image

I just baked these scones before dinner time and they were part of my dinner. This recipe is amazing. I got this recipe from BBC books. It's simple and really delicious. Crisp on the outside, soft, light and fluffy on the inside. This is my first attempt and they turned out to be really terrific. This is definitely a keeper and I am surely going to bake these again. Whipped cream and Jam will definitely be a bonus to them. You got to make these. They made my day. (:

ImageImage

Ingredients: 

175g Self-raising flour
50g Caster Sugar
42.5 Butter
87.5 ml Buttermilk
3 tbsp Cranberries
Beaten egg ( for glaze)

1. Heat oven to 180 degree C. Mix together the flour n sugar. Rb the butter in with your fingertips until the mucture resembkes fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre of the ingredients and tip in the buttermilk all in one go then mix lightly to form a sofy dough. add cranberries and lightly mix.

2. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Press the dough to a 2.5 cm/ your own desired thickness then stamp out 5 cm rounds with a cookie cutter. ( I simply just pluck the dough and roll them into balls then flatten them into  about 2 cm thickness)

3. Transfer the scones to a baking sheet. Lightly brush them with beaten egg and bake them for 12-15 mins until risen and lightly golden. Serve with whipped cream and Jam while it's fresh and hot from  the oven.

You Might Also Like

0 comments