Madeleines

Madeleines. I had my very first madeleine from Delifrance while I was still a kid. Since then, I love the sweet and buttery taste of madelin...

Madeleines. I had my very first madeleine from Delifrance while I was still a kid. Since then, I love the sweet and buttery taste of madelines. Although they are my favourite, I seldom eat them as they are pretty sinful. Why must most good food be so sinful! Tmr is labour day and my poor sister got to work. She has been working till the wee hours in the morng for four consecutive days. That's insane man. Hence, I decided to bake some madelines for her to bring to work! Hopefully these madeleines can encourage her on! I got my recipe from my favourite youtube chef, Laura Vitale!

Image

Ingredients: Makes About 16

Ingredients:
2 Large Eggs
1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar (100g)
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 cup of All Purpose Flour (120g)
¼ tsp of Salt
¼ tsp of Baking Powder
½ cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
½ tsp of Grated Lemon Zest
Powder Sugar (for dusting)

Steps:

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray 2 Madeleine pans with non stick cooking spray and set aside.

2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream together the eggs and sugar for 3 to 4 minutes on high speed or until the mixture thickens and develops a light pale color.

3) Add the vanilla, lemon zest, flour, salt and baking powder and turn mixer down to low and slowly stream in the melted butter. Mix until everything is well incorporated but don’t over mix.

4) Divide the batter evenly in the pan (do not over fill) and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden and brown around the edges.

5) Let them cool for about 2 minutes in the pan, then invert them on a cooling rack and let them finish cooling. Sprinkle with confectioner sugar if desired

You Might Also Like

0 comments