Brown sugar ginger tea

I shall submit this  to Aspiring Bakers #20: Asian dessert buffet! (June 2012 ) hosted by Moon of Food Playground too. Please refer here fo...

I shall submit this  toAspiring Bakers #20: Asian dessert buffet! (June 2012) hosted by Moon of Food Playground too. Please refer here for more details. Tangyuan Is one of my favourite desert! I have completely forgotten it's existence until my best friend brought me to eat Tangyuan from č®°å¾—åƒ. One bite and the fillings gushed out. Their tangyuan is served in ginger tea. It's unusual but I love their ginger tea. The more ginger the better. Another place I often get my tangyuan craving fixed is Mr Bean. Tangyuan+bean curd. 250 calories a bowl and it is rly filling for me.. But there's tons of sugar in it. However, their quality seem to drop as time goes by. Thick skin n little filling. No longer delicious anymore. Since then, I hardly patronise these shops for their tangyuan. Lazy to travel to get ahballing from Chinatown, I get the frozen tangyuan from the supermarket. The Chinatown brand has pretty decent tangyuan. The skin isn't too thick and the filling isn't too little. It's definitely better than those served in č®°å¾—åƒ right now. If you are not a fan of peanut soup base for your tang yuan, try this brown sugar ginger tea!! One sip down and you feel your body warming up. Best served during cold and rainy days! (:


Ingredients:
-Approximately 5 pandan leaves (cut into small pieces)
-600 ml water
-Several pieces of Sliced ginger (depends on how "spicy" you want your tea to be)
-1.5 tbsp brown sugar (adjust according to yr own taste n preference)
- 6 frozen tangyuan
Steps
1. Bring the water to boil in a pot.
2. Add pandan leaves, ginger and brown sugar and let it simmer under medium low heat for about 15 mins.
3. Remove the pandan leaves and ginger from tea, pop in your frozen tangyuan and cook according to directions stated. Usually they are cooked once they rise to the top.

Sesame Chinatown Tangyuan. Okay, the focus should be the SOUP, not the Tang Yuan!! But look at how proportionate the skin and fillings are!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I don't think I will be able to get Tangyuan but I wonder if I could make the tea using Pandan essence instead of the leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I am not too sure as i have not tried it before. However, I did read somewhere that you could substitute with pandan essence. Anyway, the purpose of adding pandan leaves is to extract the flavour n essence out of the pandan leaves. so I think there should be no problem. You cld try and let me know? I am quite curious too!! Thank you!! :>

    ReplyDelete