Italian Tuna and Rice Salad

  To be honest, I love rice a lot. In the past, i used to ask the school's canteen aunty to add more rice for me whenever i order caifan...

 

To be honest, I love rice a lot. In the past, i used to ask the school's canteen aunty to add more rice for me whenever i order caifan from her. I can't imagine my meals without rice seriously. But now, I am avoiding it as much as possible. Not because I don't like them anymore, but the fact that they are...carbohydrates. If you cut down on carbo, you can rly slim down a lot. Trust me on this. Now you know why I avoid rice. Hee. I can rly go on and on about diet n exercise. But I shan't bore you any further with that. Haha. So i turned to other alternatives, salad. I spammed salad for the past two years and it isn't that bad after all. It was tough at the start when I switched to a no rice diet. As time passed, I got more used to it and kinda like it eventually. But I still love rice. To enjoy rice with lesser guilt, consider rice salad. I got this idea from Laura Vitale. Made some minor changes to her recipe with whatever ingredients i have on hand. This is definitely a healthier choice compared to your ordinary weekday chicken rice or Seafood horfun pack home dinner. I used canned food as it's more convenient. To make the dish healthier, you could use fresh ingredients  from the market. Although this looks as if it contains a lot of rice, it doesn't. They can be stored for a couple of days in the fridge. You cld prepare these for tmr's lunch at work or dinner for your kids if you are working OT!!



Ingredients: (Servings: 2-3, Serve cold. )

3/4 cup of rice- cooked*
1 can Corn Kernels ( Can/fresh)
1 can Tuna chunks in light Olive Oil ( You cld substitute with other alternatives like Shredded Steamed Salmon etc...)
1 cup Cherry tomatoes
Cranberries
3-4 tbsp of extra virgin Olive Oil. ( ensure rice stays moist)

Steps:

1. In a large bowl, Add corn and tuna to the rice. Mix well.
2. Toss in cherry tomatoes and cranberries.
3. Add olive oil.

You Might Also Like

0 comments