Oatmeal+Raisin Cookies

I just came back from BKK last week. I think i am having post-overseas blues right now. I wish i was still there because all you do was to...



I just came back from BKK last week. I think i am having post-overseas blues right now. I wish i was still there because all you do was to eat.shop.massage.sleep and the best thing about it was that you can absolutely indulge without much guilt because you'll be walking for the entire day. There's hardly any escalator at the LRT stations and my hotel was quite a distance from the nearest LRT station. I love their pad thai, Tom Yum Soup and Mango Sticky Rice. They are so delicious and i shall learn how to make them in future. Ok, so i just baked these oatmeal and Raisin cookies. The book stated shortbread but i thought they tasted more like cookies. Specially baked these for my dad because he's a fan of raisins but i forgot he was having sorethroat. So, he cant hv any. They were pretty nice but they are not one of my favourites. I still prefer my previous Almond Shortbread. Comparing both cookies/shortbread, Oatmeal+Raisins cookies hv a milder milky and buttery taste. Do handle these cookies with care because they break easily especially those with huge  pulps of raisins.



Ingredients:

A:
250g butter
250g butter cup canola gold butter
1/2 tsp vanilla  essence
85g icing sugar

B:
170g bread flour
85g Rice flour
40g instant Oats
20g full cream milk powder

C: 50g Chopped raisins/ sultana

Steps:
1. Place A in a mixing bowl and mix until well blended
2. Add in B, mix until well bleended
Add in C and mixuntil well-incorporated.
3 Place the dough in the fridge until firm. ( I only pop them in the fridge for 15 mins)
5. Roll the dough into balls and place them on a pan lined with baking paper. Flatten each ball and mark the top with yr desired pattern.
6. Bake at 150-160 degrees celcius for 25-30 mins or until golden brown. Allow the shortbread to cool completely before removing them from the pan. Store in air tight containers.

Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments