Tiramisu

Made this for my sis's birthday. ^^ this is the second time I am making tiramisu! My first attempt was probably 7 years ago which I ...



20130203-082254.jpg

Made this for my sis's birthday. ^^ this is the second time I am making tiramisu! My first attempt was probably 7 years ago which I made with my sister, when both if us have zero knowledge about baking. I rmbed us ultimately adding about double the number of eggs the recipe asked for because of.. Ican'treallyrmb the reason. There were too much coffee too, beyond saturation point of the lady fingers. In the end, the tiramisu was inedible. But this time, I was glad it turned out fine. Not perfect yet though. I made some adjustments to the original recipe. Instead of soaking/dipping the lady fingers into the coffee, I used a table spoon to pour the coffee mixture onto the lady fingers. I tried the dipping method and my ladyfingers immediately melted..

Recipe (original recipe adapted from here

1/2 cup (125ml) espresso, at room temperature
4-6 tbsp rum (depends on desired alcohol level)
2 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
pinch of salt
7 tablespoons (90g) sugar, divided
1 cup (250g) mascarpone
twelve 3½-inch ladyfingers (70g, or 3 ounces)
optional: 1 ounce (30g) bittersweet chocolate

unsweetened cocoa powder, for serving

1. Mix together the espresso, rum, and cognac. The mixture should taste strongly of alcohol. If not, add more until it does. (That flavor will tone down when mixed with the other ingredients, but feel free to adjust to taste.)

2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, or by hand, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they begin to get stiff. Beat in half of the sugar until stiff. Scrape the egg whites into a small bowl.

3. In the same bowl, beat the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until stiff and light-colored, about three minutes. (If using a standing electric mixer, you may need to stop and scrape down the sides.) By hand, beat in the mascarpone with a spatula or whisk, until lump-free.

4. Fold in half of the beaten egg whites, then the remaining half, just until fully incorporated.

5. Put a splat, a heaping soup spoon, of the mascarpone cream into each vessel.

6. Use a tbsp and pour the coffee mixture onto the ladyfingers until saturated. Rmb not to pour too much. Then layer them over the mascarpone cream in each vessel. Use two ladyfingers per.

7. Grate a generous amount of chocolate over each.

8. Top with remaining mascarpone cream, cover, and refrigerate at least four hours, but preferably overnight.

9. Right before serving, shake powdered cocoa generously on top.

You Might Also Like

0 comments