Bacon and Egg Mashed Potato

I remembered my first time eating this from my friend’s lunch box two years ago. It was fantastic. Probably the best mashed potato i had two...

I remembered my first time eating this from my friend’s lunch box two years ago. It was fantastic. Probably the best mashed potato i had two years ago. Back then, I was avoiding potatoes as much as I could because they were the number 1 weight-gaining food. But these mashed potatoes were an exception. I couldn’t resist them. They were my favourite. Gotten the recipe from her mum and i just attempt to make them yesterday! Probably an ideal dish for potluck. They can be prepared in advance and keep well in the fridge for a few days. I guess the most important ingredient here is the freshly pan-fried bacon. Hey, dont underestimate them. It is really the bacon that makes this dish fantastic. I will be most willing to substitute bacon with anything else. At first, i wanted to substitute with sausages or ham (at least something which doesn’t seem as sinful as that pan-fried oily streaky bacon?). In the end, i still decided to give bacon a go. It was my first time frying bacon… and it can be improved.. I’ll work on that! Although the bacon might not be perfect, but they indeed give flavor and crunch to the mashed potato. Dont substitute bacon with anything! They are awesome! Do moderate your fish sauce. It depends how much bacon you add in. The more bacon you add, the more salty your mash potato will be, so do cut down your fish sauce.

DSC_0952

Recipe ( Original recipe adapted from Carolyn’s Mum)

Ingredients:  (serves: 2-3)

3 Russet potatoes
2 Eggs
5pieces Streaky Bacon
3-5 tbsp Fish sauce ( Depends. Add slowly and taste along the way.)
Parmesan cheese and Parsley (Topping, optional)

Steps:
1. Prepare Hard boiled Eggs.
2. Boil the potatoes until soft.Peel the skin and mash them up in a large bowl.
3. Pan fry the streaky bacon and cut them into small pieces.
4. Add everything together and season with fish sauce.
5. Top with some shredded parmesan cheese and parsley. Ready to serve!

You Might Also Like

0 comments