Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad with Balsamic Garlic Vinaigrette

It's Monday! Is anybody having Monday's blues? I am really enjoying my summer holidays. Everyday, even weekends seemed the same...


It's Monday! Is anybody having Monday's blues? I am really enjoying my summer holidays. Everyday, even weekends seemed the same to me because it's the holidays! After a round of super unhealthy indulgences last weekend; steamboat, beers & shisha, I promised to go for healthier choices this week, starting today! Didn't feel like eating my daily weekday oatmeal today so i had some mini wheat bread with 80% light cream cheese and Jam today. If i were to buy the Philidelphia cream cheese spread in future, i will opt for the 60% fat free version instead of the 80%'s version. I feel that the taste of 80% cream cheese was slightly too light for my preference. I like the ones served with the bagel for breakfast at Coffee Bean. They used 60% fat free version. So, i guess i am gonna opt for that in future! So, i spent my whole Monday morning baking, grilling vegetables and making salad. With a griller at home, I am pretty excited to try many new recipes. I love grilled vegetables and this pasta salad is definitely one of my all time favourites. How can anything go wrong with balsamic vinegar and roasted garlic? In the past when i haven owned a griller, i roasted my vegetables in the oven instead of grilling them. They were fantastic too, just that i prefer grilling them on my griller because of the beautiful grill marks. You can make this in bulk as they store well in the fridge for a couple of days and they will become even more flavorful as the days go by. There's no hard and fast rule about making salad. Get creative with your ingredients!



Ingredients
1 long egg plant
2 carrots
1 big capsicum ( any colour. I use a combi of yellow and green pepper)
2 Onions
1.5 heads of garlic
Olive oil (for grilling)
4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (for dressing)
6 tbsp Balsamic vinegar

1. Slice the garlic head into half. Drizzle some olive oil and add some herbs onto the bottom bulb of the garlic. Wrap in aluminium foil and roast them in the oven for 45 minutes at 200 degrees celsius. 
2. Cook the pasta until al dente and drain them. Cut the vegetables into big pieces. Drizzle and coat the vegetables with some olive oil. 
3. Heat the griller. Drizzle some olive oil or non-stick cooking spray onto your griller. 
4. Grill the vegetable for about 4-5 minutes on each side. chop them into bite sized pieces.. 
5. Squeeze out the roasted garlic from its peel. It should be very soft and mashed. Add balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Stir until incorporated. 
6. Mix all the vegetables and top with some parsley. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments