Dijon Baked Salmon

Last weekend, while almost everyone else have ended exams, I was still cooped in the GSR busy cramping my marketing notes. Instagram and...


Last weekend, while almost everyone else have ended exams, I was still cooped in the GSR busy cramping my marketing notes. Instagram and Facebook were flooded with pictures of celebratory meals to the end of exams. This calls for a more elaborated lunch to comfort and motivate myself to last through the next three days while everyone else party their holidays away. Pampering myself with my favourite salmon. I am a great fan of salmon but they are so expensive (to a student). So I usually eat chicken breasts or toufu for protein instead of fish. Make sure you don't overbake your salmon lest it turns tough. Remember to lay a piece of aluminium foil beneath your salmon fillets if you do not want to end up spending half a day scrubbing the overburnt sauce off your pan. I was surprised how delicious the salmon was. It was soooooo good! I use a knife to make several small cuts on the fillets to allow it to absorb the marinate better.

Recipe (Original Recipe adapted from here)

3 Salmon Fillets 
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
6 small cloves of garlic, chopped
1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/8 cup mild olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

Lemon slices (mostly for effect )
  1. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees celsius. Lay your baking tray with aluminium foil In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Mix well.
  2. Cut salmon into even portions and lay them onto your lined baking dish skin side down. 
  3. Generously brush all sides of your salmon with the sauce and top with fresh lemon slices.
  4. Bake at 230°C for 12-15 minutes or until just cooked through. Don’t over-cook or your fish will be dry. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments