Coconut Poached Salmon

Salmon is one of my favourite fish but I hardly buy them because they are pretty expensive. Just the two pieces you see in the picture co...

Salmon is one of my favourite fish but I hardly buy them because they are pretty expensive. Just the two pieces you see in the picture costs about $7.50. I usually eat them with boiled broccoli and the easiest way I cook it is just to rub the salmon fillet with salt and steam it. You are probably doubting it but it really taste delicious. I love it simple like this. Dishes that include salmon are often Western or Japanese dishes. I hardly see salmon in Asian dishes. I was attracted to this recipe from Taste mainly because the ingredients involved are mostly Asian. It is recommended to be served immediately after taking out from the oven. Although there's quite alot of coconut cream, the taste isn't very creamy. Because of the grated lemon grass and lime, it reminds me of green curry. I would probably add some red chili the next time I make it. 

Recipe
200 ml coconut cream 
1/2 stem of lemon grass (inner core only) 
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime 
1/2 tbsp of Fish Sauce
1/2 tbsp of Sugar 
1 Spring Onion 
3 pieces of Salmon Fillet (approximately 150g each) 
Toasted Sesame Seeds ( optional )
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Place coconut cream, lemongrass, ginger, lime zest and juice, fish sauce, caster sugar and spring onion in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
3. Meanwhile, place fish in a baking dish and pour over the hot coconut mixture. Cover with a piece of foil and bake for 10-12 minutes until fish is just cooked but still a little rare in the centre. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and serve with steamed greens.



You Might Also Like

0 comments