Five & Dime

I am finally here at Five & Dime, one of the restaurants sitting on my "To go list" for a long long time. I've been wan...

I am finally here at Five & Dime, one of the restaurants sitting on my "To go list" for a long long time. I've been wanting to visit this restaurant after hearing many good reviews about their brunch and mentiko pasta. I was really excited to visit this place. Rejecting my friend's offer to pick me up from school, I tried to take a bus there which i eventually got LOST and ended up the latest to arrive when in fact I was the nearest to the place.Struggling to use google maps and all kind of different apps to navigate my way from where i was till my battery level took a great plunge and I am not any where near the place. In the end, my friend had to pick the "stranded me" from the nearest MRT station. ._. Lesson learnt: Plan directions before embarking your journey especially when all the different kind of maps and transportation apps eat your battery level up like nobody's business. Five & dime is located at River Valley Road, probably 10-15 mins walk from somerset MRT station. Well, it is still easier if you travel there by car. After all, they have free parking. In the midst of the insane exam week, I took a break from studying and met with some of my friends to celebrate April's 21st! I've been looking forward to this day since the start of the week: 
1. I finally do not have to spend my Friday night in LiKaShing Library. 
2. Visiting the restaurant that I've been wanting to since dinosaur years ago. 
3: Birthdays are always joyous occasions!
 
Our reservation was at 630 pm and we were supposed to leave by 830 pm for other reservations but thankfully they have seats and probably seeing that we were celebrating birthday, they didn't require us to leave by 830 pm. Having scrolled so many pictures of their popular mentiko pasta on instagram, I did not order that in the end. I was contemplating between their mentiko pasta ($18) or Fish n Chips ($20). I chose the latter because i thought $18 was a tad too high for just pasta alone. In fact, none of us ordered that but their mentiko pasta smelled really awesome from our neighbour's order. Almost every table has an order of their mentiko pasta. I am definitely ordering that if i were to go the next time.  

 Cajun Chicken ($18) 
Their sauce is very similar to hickory sauce. I dipped almost everything in their sauce.  I am not usually a fan of chicken mains but I really like this dish. There is mash potato beneath the chicken. I would recommend this! 

 Fish & Chips ($20) 
Their fish & chips was pretty good too. They were soft and flaky on the inside and served with hand-cut fries. Fries were slightly too oily though

The Burger ($23)

 Miso Duck Salad ($12) 
I did not try this too but their roasted duck definitely looks delicious. 


Birthday girl with Kenny

Happy 21st April ^^

You Might Also Like

0 comments