Habitat Coffee X Summer Happiness

  YES SUMMER IS HERE BABY. I have been desperately waiting for this day more than anything else. I was literally counting down everyday d...

 
YES SUMMER IS HERE BABY. I have been desperately waiting for this day more than anything else. I was literally counting down everyday during the tormenting study week and I wished time could just fast forward to my last paper. The taste of freedom is awesome. I remembered waking up the next day and I couldn't believe that I can actually sleep in and snuggle under my blanket for as long as I want to!! Summer means more quality time for family and friends, more time for this space, more time to experiment with my long list of bookmarked recipes and more time to workout in the gym. I couldn't stop thinking about food during the revision week. I was thinking of a place to celebrate the end of exams after my paper ended on Thursday. Scrolling down the different social media platforms, I was overloaded by so many choices. There are too many cafes in Singapore and I had the urge to try them all. After lots of 'drama' in between, we finally get to Habitat Coffee. It is a pretty small and cozy cafe. 
There were no extra charges. All prices on the food menu were nett prices. Both of us shared the following and they summed up to almost $15/pax. At first sight of the bill, i thought it was pretty cheap. No doubt it was lower compared to what you would probably be paying at other cafes, but on 2nd thought, are they really cheap? I was full but that boy wasn't even close to full and he ate a bowl of meepok after our lunch at Habitat Coffee. HAHAHA. This really got me pondering about the emerging trend in Singapore. Cafe hopping is such an expensive hobby yet so many people are fueling the demand. There are so many cafes in Singapore till I am always spoilt for choices.  Unless there is a captivating factor that would distinguish themselves among the sea of cafes, they are just going to fall among the "not bad" category. These people would probably not return to the same place again because there are so many other cafes that they have yet to try. However, the irony is that many cafes are actually serving similar menu, with brunch menu hovering between eggs benny and big breakfast. As much as I love to cafe hop ( in fact I already have a list of places to go), I ought to cut down because it is really unsustainable for someone who is still drawing an allowance from my parents every month. I guess i shall only patronize those that i really like and those that are recommended by many that would make my money and calories more worthy. As for Habitat Coffee, apart from their coffee, the food that we ordered were pretty average. I probably would not return again just for their food. Well, if you don't know what to order, you can probably consider their Tomato Relish. Although we did not order that, it looked really good from our neighbour's table. 
Eggs Benedict ($12)
Very ordinary Eggs Benny. There are better ones out there. 
Large Vanilla Coffee ($6.90)
Coffee is pretty fragrant and aromatic. 
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes ($10) 
Pancakes still remained fluffy even though we only started eating them when all the food arrived. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments