Healthy Grilled Chicken with Avocado Sandwich

Hello! I am almost back to this space and definitely will be updating more here. Can't believe this is my first post in 2014 after m...

Hello! I am almost back to this space and definitely will be updating more here. Can't believe this is my first post in 2014 after more than a quarter of the year just floated away so quickly. School has been keeping me busier this semester that I hardly have time to step into the kitchen. Besides, my sister just just gave birth 2 months ago. My mum stayed home the entire month to prepare confinement meals for my sister and I didn't want to make the kitchen even messier with my other utensils. This is Zachary and he is 6 weeks old:  

My finals are in 2 weeks and I can’t wait for them to end. Even though I will be spending my summer doing internship  (cross fingers and hope I can get it), at least weekday nights and weekends wouldn’t be spend studying or doing projects in school. This means more time to exercise and try more recipes! School has been doing a good job keeping me busy that I hardly prepare my own meals to school this semester. Because I am so bored of the food at koufu/kopitiam/Waterloo- I practically eat almost the same thing every alternate day, I’ve finally resorted to preparing my own meals occasionally to school. I love preparing my own meals. They are quite therapeutic especially during this period. I am a fan of sandwiches, wraps and burritos. Sandwiches are the perfect pack meals to school/work. They are fuss free, easy to make and satisfying. Last week, I packed grilled chicken with avocado sandwich to school for lunch. Unlike the more savory sandwiches such as Dijon tuna sandwich that I always make, these sandwiches are lighter, more refreshing and healthier! 

Recipe
1. Grill some chicken with your favourite marinate ( I use balsamic grilled chicken (recipe below) which I think is why it tasted so light and refreshing) 
2. Apply avocado spread on your sandwich. Use very riped avocados. Mash them with a fork and add a splash of lemon juice/lime to prevent it from browning. 
3.  Put everything together! 

Balsamic Grilled Chicken Recipe (Measurements are not exact)
Chicken Breasts (approximately 150g)
Dried Rosemary 
Balsamic vinegar ( 4-5 tbsps)
Dijon Mustard (1 tsp)

1. "Massage" the chicken breasts with the marinate and store them in an airtight container/ziplock bag in the chiller. 
2. Pan fry / grill / microwave them when you need them. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments