Big Breakfast with Waffles

Big Breakfast is a common dish in almost every cafe nowadays, just that each cafe name the dish differently. Before these cafes even emer...

Big Breakfast is a common dish in almost every cafe nowadays, just that each cafe name the dish differently. Before these cafes even emerged in the market, I had been eating this dish every week since young. I was an avid fan of Mcdonalds and my parents never fail to bring me to the same outlet for breakfast every Sunday since I was 3 till probably 10 years old?? Being a regular customer, I was often showered with many freebies given by staff since they can recognise us. We would order their Hotcakes, Big Breakfast and a Burger set to share among the three of us and each of us would take a piece of hotcake. I would pile a small piece of hotcake, sausage patty and scramble eggs and eat altogether in a mouth. HAHAHA this is how I love it. Till now, we still visit Mcdonalds for breakfast during the weekends occasionally!
This is me at Mcdonalds when I was 3 or 4 years old. I can't remember anymore. Hahaha
This dish reminds me of Breakfast Deluxe from Mcdonalds. I love waffles and pancakes. This was my first time using my waffle maker and I was really excited to see how these home-made waffles will turn out. They tasted pretty good and it is best to serve immediately when you remove from the waffle iron. I would increase the amount of sugar by probably 1/2 a tbsp the next time I make this. 

Recipe for Waffles: ( Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen. Makes 6 square waffles) 
1 cup of All Purpose Flour 
1/4 tsp salt 
1 Tbsp Sugar 
3/4 Baking Soda 
1 egg, separated 
2 tbsp Melted Butter 
218 ml Butter Milk 
1/4 tsp vanilla 

1. Mix the dry ingredients: flour, salt, sugar and baking soda together. 
2. Mix buttermilk and egg yolk and in another bowl. Stir in melted butter and vanilla essence. 
3. Brush the waffle iron lightly with oil and preheat it. 
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. 
5. Beat egg white with an electric mixer or by hand with a whisk till soft peaks. 
6. Stir them gently into the batter. 
7. Bake until waffle is done, usually about 3-5 mins. ( follow the instructions of your waffle maker to bake the waffle. 
8. Serve immediately or keep them warm in an oven at about 93 degrees celsius or 200 degrees Fahrenhite.  

Recipe for Scrambled Eggs 
2 eggs
1 tbsp of Butter
Salt and Pepper 
Parsley 
Approximately 5 tbsp Milk 

1. Put eggs and butter into a cooking pan and cook it under low fire. Remove the pan occasionally from the stove but continue stirring it.
2. When the eggs are 3/5 cooked, add milk into the mixture and continue cooking. Season with salt and pepper when they are almost done.
3. Serve while hot. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments