Dark Chocolate Brownies

My first bake of the summer. Starting the summer with an easy bake to warm up my precious oven as well as myself. I was a little lost a...


My first bake of the summer. Starting the summer with an easy bake to warm up my precious oven as well as myself. I was a little lost at the start but I am glad that the baking 'feel' began to return after a while. HAHAHA. I made a bit of mess on the kitchen table, with flour and cocoa powder spilled all over the table. But I assure I will get better after some time. I guess I just needed several attempts to get my original "baking feel ~ " back. After contemplating for sometime on what to bake, I finally decided with dark chocolate brownies because they are so simple to make and nothing can go wrong with chocolate brownies. These brownies surprisingly turned out to be really delicious, beyond my expectations. I used to only trust my Classic Fudgy Brownies recipe because they are so good and I have used the same recipe again and again. Now, I have 2 favourite brownies' recipes. These Dark Chocolate Brownies are pretty different from the Classic Fudgy Brownies. Unlike those Fudgy Brownies,  these Dark Chocolate Brownies were lighter and softer on the inside and crispy on the outside. They stay soft and moist even till the next day. I realize both recipes require the butter to be melted with the chocolate. This could probably explain why both recipes yield such rich and chocolatey brownies. I have reduced the sugar level from 200g to 145g but I guess I will reduce further in future because it is still slightly too sweet for me. I also halved the original recipe and baked them in 8X8 inch square pan. The original recipe calls for double of this but since these brownies are very rich, I didn't want them to be too thick. 


Recipe
120g Butter
70.87g Chocolate
1/8 cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
5/8 cup of Cake Flour ( 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup)
1.5 eggs
1/2 tsp Vanilla
145g Sugar
3/8 cup of Chocolate Chips

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Melt the butter with the chocolate over low heat in a saucepan and whisk until smooth and melted. Sprinkle in cocoa powder and whisk to combine. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool for about 5 mins.
2. Stir in sugar and vanilla until just combined.
3. Stir in the eggs, one at a time.
4. Gently stir in the flour until halfway incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and stir just until combined
5. Pour the batter into a greased 8X8 baking pan. Bake for about 30=35 mins. If it is overly gooey/messy, return to the oven for 5 to 10 more minutes




You Might Also Like

0 comments