Tahini pasta

Sesame salad dressing lovers, you will fancy this dish! Ever since I made Baba Ghanoush , I have been going gaga over sesame paste. S...

Sesame salad dressing lovers, you will fancy this dish! Ever since I made Baba Ghanoush, I have been going gaga over sesame paste. So, tahini is basically a paste made from sesame seeds and they are so versatile because you can use it for both sweet and savory dishes. It is a protein rich paste and contains more protein than milk and most nuts. It is easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content which is good for weight loss. Like avocado, it also contain high unsaturated fats (good fats). As the paste is very dense, you only require a small proportion of sesame paste in your dressing. Sometimes, I will substitute my peanut butter spread in my every morning oatmeal with tahini paste and honey. 

Recipe: Serves 2, original recipe adapted from here)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tahini
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 olive oil
salt, pepper
water, as needed to thin (about 1/4 cup, if necessary)
3 Handfuls of Penne

1. Cook pasta according to packaging instructions
2. Chop garlic and mix everything together except for water and penne. Slowly add water and adjust to your desired consistency. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments